On December 15th, Silver Lake Forward, along with Silver Lake Reservoirs Conservancy and Refill Silver Lake Now, released the following joint statement to our City Council offices and the Department of Water and Power:
After the most recent DWP/ Silver Lake Reservoir community meeting, leaders from three community organizations invested in the future of the Reservoir (Silver Lake Forward, The Silver Lake Reservoirs Conservancy, and Refill Silver Lake Now) met in order to identify common ground. Whatever our differences regarding the potential future uses of the Reservoir, we agree on the following:
We do not support anything that will delay the May 1, 2017 refill start date. However, we believe none of the following next steps will do so; and we respectfully request that the DWP and the Council offices coordinate to implement them.
A. Fund a feasibility study or a new Master Plan
A huge opportunity exists for the DWP and the City to lead in the future planning for the Silver Lake...
Silver Lake Forward is a coalition of homeowners, businesses, designers, renters, parents, kids, and pet owners. We support responsible, neighborhood-centered planning for the reservoirs. Questions? Please reach out to [email protected]
- Robert Soderstrom
- Robert Soderstrom is a co-founder and President of Silver Lake Forward. He is the owner of Puck Creative group, an Emmy-nominated advertising agency in Los Angeles. He lives in Silver Lake with his family.
- Jocelyn Hayes Simpson
- Jocelyn Hayes Simpson is the Vice President of Silver Lake Forward. She is a film and television producer. She and her family live in Silver Lake.
- Catherine Geanuracos
- Catherine is a co-founder of Silver Lake Forward and acts as its Treasurer and Secretary. She owns a digital strategy agency, New Economy Campaigns, and is Vice President of the Innovation and Performance Commission for the City of Los Angeles, as well as board chair for CicLAvia.
- Craig Collins
- Craig Collins has worked in conservation advocacy and creative strategy for over 35 years and is a former President of the Silver Lake Reservoirs Conservancy. He is a photographer, writer and graphic designer, serving environmental, conservation, public art, institutional, health care, religious and non-profit clients.
- Mia Lehrer
- Mia is the founder and principal of Mia Lehrer and Associates, a world-renowned landscape architecture firm. She is an expert in the design and implementation of a diverse range of ambitious projects that include urban revitalization developments, large-scale urban parks, watershed design, infrastructure master planning and complex institutional projects. The firm lead the Silver Lake Master Plan project in the early 1990s.
- Tracy Fleischman Morgenthau and Kramer Morgenthau
- Tracy and Kramer are long time Silver Lake residents. Kramer is an Emmy-nominated and ASC award-winning cinematographer. Tracy is a photographer and consultant who is taking time off to spend with their young twins.
- Gustavo Herrera
- Gustavo is the Director of Young Invincibles, the largest millennial-focused advocacy and policy organization in the nation. He was the former museum director of the LA County museum, L.A. Plaza de Cultura y Artes, and he's also led a community foundation dedicated to nurturing classical music and performance artists. He is a passionate community builder and a fierce advocate for education, health equity, and the transformational power of art. He grew up in Silverlake.
- Luke Wood and Sophia Nardin
- Luke Wood is President of Beats Electronics. Luke and Sophia have been Silver Lake residents since 1994, and along with their daughters recently purchased Silvertop, one of Silver Lake's most notable architectural treasures.
- Moby is a musician and author, and is owner of Little Pine, an organic vegan restaurant in Silver Lake.
- Margot Jacobs (consultant)
- Margot is a landscape architect and designer, Her approach to placemaking combines strategic thinking, community engagement, and sustainable practices to enhance environments and promote meaningful connections. Margot is an Associate at Mia Lehrer and Associates and serves on the Green LA Water Committee. As a consultant to SLF, she is working as a community project manager and designer.
- Roger Wolfson and Nori El-Shinnawy
- Linnea Toney
- Barbara Bestor
- Nancy Berglass
- Claudia Borzutzky Lopez, MD
- Angela Eaton
- Roel Hinojosa
- Lisa Edelstein and Robert Russell
- Zach Aarons
- Clare Vivier
- Sarah Ullman
- Kira Teshima
- Marissa Gluck
- River LA
- Harvey Englander and Donna Black
- Alex De Ocampo
- Schuyler Senft-Grupp, PhD
- We Came in Peace
- Helen Munro-Uziel
- Trust for Public Land