At the end of June, Silver Lake Forward's Executive and Policy Committees shared the following with our Councilmembers O'Farrell and Ryu, as well as the Mayor's Office and key departmental leaders within the City and the Department of Water and Power. We wanted to share the thoughts of our organization's leadership as the City begins the process of developing a new master plan for the Silver Lake Reservoir Complex. We can't wait to engage the community as part of a new master plan! Share your thoughts and feedback on our social media platforms!
June 30, 2017
Dear Councilmembers O'Farrell and Ryu,
We have created this document to share our recommendations for the forthcoming master planning process for the Silver Lake Reservoirs Complex. We deeply appreciate your leadership in bringing about the master plan, and look forward to working with you and all participants to inspire robust community participation, creativity, and collaboration to create a transformative public space and...
Silver Lake Forward is a coalition of homeowners, businesses, designers, renters, parents, kids, and pet owners. We support responsible, neighborhood-centered planning for the reservoirs. Questions? Please reach out to [email protected]
- Robert Soderstrom
- Robert Soderstrom is a co-founder and President of Silver Lake Forward. He is the owner of Puck Creative group, an Emmy-nominated advertising agency in Los Angeles. He lives in Silver Lake with his family.
- Jocelyn Hayes Simpson
- Jocelyn Hayes Simpson is the Vice President of Silver Lake Forward. She is a film and television producer. She and her family live in Silver Lake.
- Catherine Geanuracos
- Catherine is a co-founder of Silver Lake Forward and acts as its Treasurer and Secretary. She is the cofounder of CityGrows, a technology platform for local government and served as Vice President of the Innovation and Performance Commission for the City of Los Angeles for three years. She is a Silver Lake homeowner and frequent visitor to the Silver Lake dog park.
- Craig Collins
- Craig has worked in conservation advocacy and creative strategy for over 35 years and is a former President of the Silver Lake Reservoirs Conservancy. He is a photographer, writer and graphic designer, serving environmental, conservation, public art, institutional, health care, religious and non-profit clients.
- Rick Corsini, AIA
- Rick is a long-time Silver Lake Resident and a partner at Corsini Stark Architects. He was born in Los Angeles and received his Master of Architecture in Urban Design from Harvard University and his Bachelor of Architecture from Cal Poly Pomona. His work has been published nationally and internationally, and in addition to over 20 years of professional practice, he has held faculty appointments at schools of architecture including Cal Poly Pomona, Woodbury University, and most recently, the University of Southern California.
- Gary Ventimiglia
- Gary is a producer and creative executive and a Silver Lake Resident. He developed the name for Silver Lake Forward's annual "Embrace the Lake" event.
- Tracy Fleischman Morgenthau and Kramer Morgenthau
- Tracy and Kramer are long time Silver Lake residents. Kramer is an Emmy-nominated and ASC award-winning cinematographer. Tracy is a photographer and consultant who is taking time off to spend with their young twins.
- Helen Munro-Uziel
- Helen is a Silver Lake resident and parent. She works in information technology for financial services and is trained as an engineer.
- Gustavo Herrera
- Gustavo is the Director of Young Invincibles, the largest millennial-focused advocacy and policy organization in the nation. He was the former museum director of the LA County museum, L.A. Plaza de Cultura y Artes, and he's also led a community foundation dedicated to nurturing classical music and performance artists. He is a passionate community builder and a fierce advocate for education, health equity, and the transformational power of art. He grew up in Silverlake.
- Luke Wood and Sophia Nardin
- Luke Wood is President of Beats Electronics. Luke and Sophia have been Silver Lake residents since 1994, and along with their daughters recently purchased Silvertop, one of Silver Lake's most notable architectural treasures.Mob
- Moby is a musician and author, and is owner of Little Pine, an organic vegan restaurant in Silver Lake..
- Schuyler Senft-Grupp, PhD
- Schuyler is an environmental engineer who specializes in developing new environmental sensors. His interests include circuit design, sensor systems, and data analysis for environmental systems.
- Roger Wolfson and Nori El-Shinnawy
- Linnea Toney
- Barbara Bestor
- Nancy Berglass
- Claudia Borzutzky Lopez, MD
- Angela Eaton
- Roel Hinojosa
- Lisa Edelstein and Robert Russell
- Zach Aarons
- Clare Vivier
- Sarah Ullman
- Kira Teshima
- Marissa Gluck
- River LA
- Harvey Englander and Donna Black
- Alex De Ocampo
- Trust for Public Land